• For the eggplant: 3 Eggplants • 10 cl of olive oil
• For the sauce: 500g turkey fillet, cubed • 1 minced onion
• 2 cloves garlic • 1 tbsp. olive oil • 1 kg of tomato
• 3 sprigs of thyme • 1 bay leaf • Salt and pepper
• To garnish: 1 yellow pepper, roasted, peeled, seeded and finely sliced
Cut the eggplants lengthwise into thin slices, sprinkle with salt and let them disgorge.
Brush slices of eggplants with olive oil and roast them on a grill. Wrap tightly the eggplant slices in clingfilm. In a pot over low heat, sauté the chopped onion in olive oil. Add the pieces of turkey, herbs, garlic and spices. Let brown the meat. Meanwhile, seed and grate tomatoes. Pour tomatoes juice into the pot and cook on high heat for 20 min.
Overlap the remaining eggplant slices, place the pieces of turkey and cover. Pour tomato sauce into a baking dish, place above the stuffed eggplants and garnish with diced yellow pepper. Place the dish in a preheated oven at 180°c for 25 min. Serve the dish hot.