• 100g chorizo sausages sliced • 1 tbsp. of olive oil
• 300 g chicken cut into pieces • 1 large onion, finely chopped
• 2 clove garlic minced • 250 g brown rice
• 3 sweet peppers (1 red, 1 green and 1 orange) diced
• 4 tomatoes coarsely chopped
• 2 bay leaves • 2 sprigs fresh thyme
• 200g frozen peas • 2 tbsp. chopped parsley.
To serve: grilled eggplant slices and pepper strips
Heat a frying pan over high heat, fry over diced chorizo for 2 min and stirring with a wooden spoon. Add olive oil and brown the chicken pièces over medium heat for 5 min.
Remove chorizo and chicken with slotted spoon and set aside on a large plate. Add onion, garlic and peppers in the pan and stir-fry for about 5 min. Add rice, stir, then add the chopped tomatoes, bay leaf, thyme and reserved chorizo and chicken. Cover 75 ml water and bring to boil. Reduce heat to low, cover and gently simmer for 20 min. Add peas and cook a further 5-10 min. Serve the paella topped with eggplant slices and peppers strips.